Keeping a home clean and organized is essential for maintaining a healthy and comfortable living environment. However, as our busy lives often leave us with little-to-no time to dedicate to household tasks, many homeowners in Greenville turn to professional housekeeping services to keep their homes in top shape.
Having a residential housekeeper can bring a wealth of benefits, from reducing stress and saving time to improving overall well-being. However, to ensure you can reap maximum benefits from housekeeping service, it’s essential that your expectations align with their abilities. Therefore, before hiring, you should take the time to understand their duties and responsibilities.
What are the two types of housekeeping?
When it comes to residential housekeeping, there are typically two types of services offered:
- Regular cleaning services are designed to maintain a certain level of cleanliness and tidiness in a home, typically on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. This type of service typically includes common tasks like dusting, vacuuming, mopping, and wiping down surfaces.
- Deep cleaning services, on the other hand, are much more thorough and are typically performed on a less frequent basis. Typically, it is done once every six months or once a year, but it can be done more frequently, depending on your needs. A deep clean may include tasks like scrubbing grout, cleaning inside appliances, and washing windows.
Do note that some housekeeping companies may offer a combination of regular and deep cleaning, while others may specialize in one type of service over the other. As such, it’s important to communicate your needs and expectations clearly with your housekeeper to ensure that you’re getting the type and level of service that’s right for you.
What should a housekeeper not do?
While a housekeeper’s responsibilities can vary depending on the specific job and the client’s needs, there are some tasks that are generally not included in their duties. Here are some examples:
- A housekeeper is not a personal assistant. You should not expect them to run errands, pick up dry cleaning, or handle other non-household-related tasks.
- A housekeeper is not a nanny or a pet sitter. They should not be tasked nor responsible for caring for children or pets.
Of course, they may choose to do the mentioned tasks, however, some parent companies strictly forbid their employees from doing so. Therefore, converse with them to make sure both of you are on the same page.
Lastly, it’s important to note that, while a housekeeper can certainly tidy up and organize a home, they are not professional organizers. If you’re looking to declutter and streamline your living space, you may want to consider hiring an organizing specialist or working with a housekeeper who has experience in this area.
How do I find the perfect housekeeper?
Finding the perfect housekeeper for your home will take some time and effort, but the results are well worth it. Here are some tips to help you in this endeavor:
- Look online: There are many websites and apps that can connect you with local housekeeping services, including the most basic Google search;
- Ask for referrals: Even with the Internet, word of mouth remains one of the best ways to find a reputable house help. Ask friends, family, and neighbors if they know of any good service providers in your area.
- Do your research: Once you’ve found a potential company, be sure to read reviews and check their credentials, such as licensing and insurance (liability and workers’ compensation, at the very least).
- Interview candidates: Before hiring a professional, be sure to schedule an interview to get a sense of their experience, communication style, and availability.
- Communicate your needs: Be clear about your expectations and needs when it comes to housekeeping services, and ask your potential employee if they are comfortable with those tasks.
Who specializes in housekeeping in Greenville & the surrounding area?
Do you wish to experience the benefits of a clean and organized home without the stress and hassle of doing it yourself? Castle Keepers House Cleaning of Greenville is dedicated to providing top-tier housekeeping services to their clients on either bank of Tar River.
Don’t let household chores take up all of your precious time, not when such a convenient solution is at the palm of your fingers! Book us today and let us handle the dirty work so you can focus on the things that bring you joy!