As 2021 approaches, many of us would like to quickly rid ourselves of 2020. What better way to do this than a thorough cleaning of the place we’ve been quarantined for the past 10 months?
Many people believe in the idea that cleaning your house before the first day of the New Year ensures that you don’t carry in your old, somewhat soiled, life into the New Year. Out with the old and in with the new!
Taking tips from past Castle Keepers Blog articles, let’s review the most effective ways to clean 2020 out of your home and start 2021 fresh.
- Banish Dust Bunnies for Good. Using a damp cloth, start duting from top to bottom and finish with vacuuming. This will rid your home of pet dander, pollen, dead skin cells, hair, and dust mites. Dusting is also a quick way to make your surfaces look fresh.
- Disinfect to get rid of winter cold and flu germs. Wipe down high-touch surfaces like door handles, appliance handles, counters and electronics (don’t forget the remotes!) to ensure that you’re not bringing germs and bacteria with you into the new year.
- Don’t forget the outside of your home. In addition to cutting back plants, raking your yard, and turning over your garden,replace window screens with storm windows and giving the windows a thorough cleaning while you’re at it. The weather si still nce, so there is no better time to make this transition.
- Create a cleaning schedule to address high traffic areas in your home (for example, Kitchen Sundays, Bedroom Mondays, Bathroom Tuesdays, Wash Wednesdays, etc.). This breaks the cleaning down into manageable chunks so it doesn’t get overwhelming.
- Are you over cleaning at all? Hiring a weekly or bi-weekly cleaning service will keep you from cleaning at all. By the time it’s time to clean, we’ll be there to do it for you!
All of us at Castle Keepers House Cleaning are with you a happy, clean new year!