Yes, cleaning your refrigerator can be a dreaded and arduous task, but if you do it once every two to three months, and wipe up spills between cleanings, you will feel proud about your refrigerator.
What is the best way to clean a refrigerator?
Firstly, you’ll need an excellent cleaning solution. So, what’s the best thing to clean the inside of the fridge with?
Make a solution of one-quart warm, soapy water with four tablespoons of baking soda. Make sure it’s mild because hot water may crack glass shelves. Any mild detergent will make the water soapy, as long as it isn’t strong-smelling – a strong fragrance will transfer to your food.
After you’ve prepared the solution, follow these steps:
- Take food and shelves out of the refrigerator.
- Discard opened jars of things you know you aren’t going to use again, or in the foreseeable future.
- Wipe down the inside walls of the refrigerator, the shelves, the inside of the door, and all along with the door seal with warm, soapy water and dry thoroughly.
- Use a nylon mesh pad such as those used for nonstick cookware to remove stuck-on food.
- Wash everything else that goes back in, including bins and the outside of jars and containers, and dry thoroughly before replacing.
- Vacuum the coils at the back of the fridge, if your model has them.
- Clean vent cover, drip pan, and the floor underneath the fridge.
- Clean the top of the fridge.
Just a note: Manufacturers instruct you to unplug the refrigerator for washing. Or, you can flip the circuit breaker that controls the refrigerator. Either way, avoid splashing lights, switches, or control dials.
How do I get rid of mold in my fridge?
Mold can be harmful, so it’s important to thoroughly get rid of it. If you have mold in your refrigerator, wipe these areas first with bleach, then rinse with your soapy water solution. Then you can proceed onto the other steps.
How do you deodorize a fridge?
To remove odors from your fridge naturally and keep it smelling fresh, check it once a week for expired food. Clean up spills immediately. Keep raw meats and fish on the bottom shelf of your fridge – that way any juices won’t drip onto any other food.
Can I hire a maid service to clean my refrigerator?
Yes, Castle Keepers will take care of the cleanliness of your refrigerator with expert methods and reliable cleaning supplies. Apart from handling this and other areas of your kitchen, our vetted and trained professionals can also address the dirt in other rooms of the house. For example, we’ll properly and efficiently clean your light fixtures, eliminate germs from frequently touched surfaces, or get your house back to normal after a Halloween party.
Our experts are meticulous about their work, friendly, and transparent, so you have nothing to worry about. We’ve designed a streamlined process to bring you added convenience and spare you the hassle of doing housework on your own. What’s more, you can count on us to help you with handy cleaning hacks, like give you advice on using a Magic Eraser.
You can create a tailored schedule and checklist that fits your household’s specific needs. Simply reach out to us to let us know what your requirements are. We’ll discuss the best solutions for you and set up your first appointment. Get an effortlessly hygienic, guest-ready home and forget about exhausting chores with our help!