Nothing is more frustrating than spending hours scrubbing your floors only to see stubborn bits of dirt and gunk in the same place. Plus, with kids or pets around, chances are your floors will take a serious beating over the course of a year. Luckily, there are ways to ensure your home feels fresh and vibrant just by learning how to keep your floors sparkling clean.
But what is exactly the most efficient way to tackle dirty floors? Does it matter what material they’re made of when choosing products? In case you don’t want to stress about it, get in touch with one of the top cleaning companies in Lilburn and enjoy perfectly shining floors!
However, if you want to learn how to tackle them effectively, keep on reading. Let’s dive right in!
What is the best way to clean floors?
When it comes to keeping your floors speckless, consistency is half the battle. Regardless of the type of flooring you have in your living room or kitchen, you need the right supplies and techniques to achieve the best results. Here are some tips for keeping them squeaky clean from front to back:
1. Avoid the use of excessive amounts of water
Using water excessively on hardwood floors can easily lead to blackened water-stains and warping. Then there is mold growth, another risk of moisture, that can lead to various health problems.
2. Find the right products
Some household agents are designed specifically for mopping, while others may damage wood or strip wax from tiles. Make sure you have the right products on hand for your flooring material so as not to cause unnecessary damage to it.
- Go simple with hardwood floors – Due to their powerful barrier of protection, hardwood floors are usually easy to tackle. In most cases, cracks and separation between boards may be problematic, which is why a mild solution and a barely damp mop might be the best option.
- Be gentle with vinyl – One of the greatest vinyl benefits is that it can handle a range of harsh chemicals. However, if your vinyl floor is not too dirty, a mixture of dish soap and warm water will do the trick.
- You can relax with laminate – Unlike hardwood floors, laminate floors are much more resistant to damage. Choose an agent of your choice, but don’t let the water penetrate underneath the planks.
What are the steps in the floor cleaning process?
Everybody loves the smell and look of new floors. Bringing your old floor back to life doesn’t have to be complicated with regular vacuuming and mopping. In addition, learning how to mop them properly will leave a lasting shine. Here’s how to do it step-by-step:
- Choose a mop and a bucket
- Pick the right cleaning supplies
- Make sure you sweep and vacuum first
- Fill the bucket with an appropriate mixture
- Dip the mop and squeeze excess water
- Begin mopping
- Pay attention to stubborn stains
- Don’t neglect hard to reach spots
- Rinse the area
- Repeat mopping
- Let everything dry
What type of floor is easiest to clean?
If you’re looking for a less pricey and easy-to-clean surface, vinyl and linoleum are very common choices. They are quite durable and come in many different colors and styles. On the other hand, tile floors are also a popular option due to their smooth, non-porous texture. Choosing one of these will allow you to spend less time dealing with regular chores.
Where do I find one of the best cleaning companies in Lilburn?
Are you finding it hard to deal with dirty bathroom floors like you’re used to? Or perhaps everyday household chores feel overwhelming? If so, it’s time to reach out to reliable cleaning specialists to handle the job for you.
Our top priority is giving you your free time back, which is why you don’t have to worry about making your home look cleaner before our cleaner comes. Whether you live near Lilburn Elementary School or in the surrounding area, you can rely on our expert assistance.
Give us a call and book your service today!