Few household appliances work as hard as your stove top. This makes it very susceptible to greasy staining and a variety of other marks and blotches, especially if you cook a lot. Many people are passionate about cooking, but few of us are equally as enthusiastic about cleaning. It’s easy to forget to wipe down the surface after your meal is ready, which lets the dirt accumulate.
If you’re experiencing this problem, some of the reliable cleaning companies in Atlanta can help you solve it with tried-and-tested techniques. You can also continue reading to find out the best ways to clean your stove and remove tough staining without running the risk of damaging it.
What is the easiest way to clean a stove?
While you may be focusing on getting rid of unwanted stains, you should also prioritize protecting your stove from scratching. You can follow these easy steps to ensure that your appliance is both dirt-free and safe:
- Instead of using a multi-purpose cleaner, look for one that’s specifically designed for treating your type of stove.
- Make sure that the stove has cooled down before taking any further steps.
- If you have a gas stove stop, it’s best to first take off the grates and reflector drip pans. You can put them in warm soapy water for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Avoid using scourers and scouring pads to prevent scratching.
- Use a wet sponge or cloth and a few drops of your cleaning solution to wipe the surface. This form of cleaning is so mild and harmless that it could suit all stove top materials.
- Rinse with a sponge or cloth dipped in clean water and dry with a kitchen towel if necessary.
How do you get burnt-on grease off a stove top?
If there’s some grease build-up on your stove top, you must be wondering how to successfully restore its old shine without damaging it and voiding your warranty. This largely depends on the material it’s made of. It’s important to first check the user guide to determine what you can use.
Sometimes, you can use a razor scraper on a glass stove top. In this case, it’s advisable to first spray the area with distilled white vinegar to loosen the stain. Then you can scrape it, using delicate and careful motion. Finally, you should wipe the debris away with a wet cloth.
Other times, a plastic spatula or plastic knife can be used instead because they’re gentler on the surface. For example, ceramic stove tops are generally very prone to scratching, and razor scrapers usually aren’t allowed. You can also try applying a paste made from water and baking soda and carefully rub it into the stain with a cloth.
In general, it’s always best to avoid spills in the first place. When they do happen, try to wipe them away as soon as possible.
How do I find one of the best cleaning companies in Atlanta?
Here at Castle Keepers, we have a trained and vetted team of professionals who will take great care of every part of your home. Whether you’re worried about keeping your sink soil-free, interested in getting your kitchen cabinets nicely cleaned, or concerned about the appearance of your tiles, we can find the best strategy to address the issue.
Our team is at your disposal for tailored, in-depth services across Atlanta, including Summerhill and other neighborhoods in the vicinity. Give us a call and let us work out the best schedule and checklist for your particular needs. With us to help you out, you can say goodbye to pesky dirt and daunting chores!