Yes, cleaning your refrigerator can be a dreaded and arduous task, but if you do it once every two to three months, and wipe up spills between cleanings, you will feel proud about your refrigerator.
How to get your Fridge to Sparkle
- Make a solution of one-quart warm, soapy water with four Tablespoons baking soda. Hot water may crack glass shelves. Any mild detergent will do to make the water soapy, as long as it isn’t strong smelling – a strong fragrance will transfer to your food.
- If you have mold in your refrigerator, wipe these areas first with bleach, then rinse with your soapy water solution.
- Take food and shelves out of the refrigerator;
- Discard opened jars of things you know you aren’t going to use again, or in the foreseeable future;
- Wipe down the inside walls of the refrigerator, the shelves, the inside of the door, and all along with the door seal with warm, soapy water and dry thoroughly;
- Use a nylon mesh pad such as those used for nonstick cookware to remove stuck-on food;
- Wash everything else that goes back in, including bins and the outside of jars and containers, and dry thoroughly before replacing;
- Vacuum the coils at the back of the fridge, if your model has them;
- Clean vent cover, drip pan, and the floor underneath the fridge;
- Clean the top of the fridge.
To keep your refrigerator smelling fresh, check it once a week for expired food. Clean up spills immediately
To keep your refrigerator smelling fresh, check it once a week for expired food. Clean up spills immediately. Keep raw meats and fish on the bottom shelf of your fridge – that way any juices won’t drip onto any other food
Just a note: Manufacturers instruct you to unplug the refrigerator for washing. Or, you can flip the circuit breaker that controls the refrigerator. Either way, avoid splashing lights, switches, or control dials.
About Castle Keepers House Cleaning
Castle Keepers House Cleaning has been at the forefront of innovation and leadership among house cleaning professionals for years. The company pioneered environmentally friendly and sustainable cleaning methods in residential cleaning. Castle Keepers is independently owned, not a franchise, with branches in Atlanta, GA, Charleston, SC, Greenville, SC. To schedule your cleaning service, contact us today at 888-302-5582 or Request a FREE Estimate online!