Magic Erasers®, a brand name for melamine sponges, are effective at removing stains and smudges with only water. Melamine is a type of hard plastic, and when it is made into a foam a fine porous surface is created. The foam is made of super-fine fibers that lift and trap dirt and rub out marks. These thin, glass-like fibers are abrasive, so Magic Erasers® can be thought of as a cross between a sponge and fine sandpaper.
Safe to use in Ceramic tiles and Porcelain
They can be safely used on ceramic tiles and porcelain. Unfortunately, they may scratch surfaces that are painted, varnished, polished, or easily scratched. This means, among other things:
- Faux marble
- Acrylic surfaces
- Plastic surfaces
- Linoleum floors
- Wood floors
- Stone in general (Marble, Granite)
- Kitchen and bathroom cabinets
- Highly polished or shiny items.
Use for Cleaning and Removing
- Removing soap scum from the tub/shower
- Removing marks from flat paint
- Cleaning splatters inside the microwave
- Removing dried paint from baseboards and stair risers
- Cleaning sticky/dusty range hood over the stove
- Cleaning lime scale buildup from faucets/fixtures
- Removing stains from the underside of toilet seats and around hinges
- Removing melted plastic from glass stove top
- Cleaning tile and grout
- Removing hairspray build-up on countertops and vanities
- Removing soap scum and gunk from bathtubs
In a nutshell, only use the Magic Eraser ® on a non-scratchable surface and shoes without a high gloss or sheen (including walls). Better yet, try it on an inconspicuous spot first. If you try it on a wall or kitchen cabinet, be aware it may not look like it has done any damage, but if you look at the wall from an angle where the light hits it you will see a dullness to the sheen where you rubbed.
Break or cut off a little piece to use at a time. Everywhere the eraser rubs will be abraded, so if you have a tiny spot, just use a tiny piece. There are two benefits to this – Only a small area will be affected by the rubbing and your eraser will last longer.
About Castle Keepers House Cleaning
Castle Keepers House Cleaning has been at the forefront of innovation and leadership among house cleaning professionals for years. Our company pioneered an environmentally friendly and sustainable cleaning methods in residential cleaning. Castle Keepers House Cleaning is independently owned, not a franchise, with branches in Atlanta, GA, Charleston, SC, Greenville, SC. To schedule your cleaning service, contact us today at 888-302-5582 or Request a FREE Estimate online!
Get Your Life Back!
Book expert home cleaners. Schedule your appointment and we’ll do the rest.