Moving in Chandler Soon? 30 Day Guide to a Perfectly Packed and Cleaned House
You are moving. Have you woken up in a sweaty panic yet? Moving is one of the number one most stressful things that a person can go through in their lives. With some forethought and careful planning, it doesn’t have to be that way.
Believe me—I have moved a lot in my lifetime. I can tell you the wrong way to do it, and I can tell you the right way to do it. The number one thing you need to get moving efficiently is a plan. Below I have a 30-day list—divided week by week—to help you stay on task to meet your move-out deadline.
If you find yourself in a bind, at the end of this article is my extra handy Express Moving List with a few excellent Chandler businesses you can hire to help ease the burden of moving.
This week, you’ll want to focus on packing the less essential items, plus cleaning the areas of the house you don’t need to clean as often. You might think of some of these as rotational deep cleaning task.
- Ceiling vents, lighting & fans
- Bedroom blinds, inside windows & tracks
- Living area blinds, inside windows & tracks
- Bedroom doors, trim & baseboards
- Living area doors, trim & baseboards
- Storage closets & linen closet – sort and pack, then wipe clean
Now it’s time for you to be heavy into deciding which clothing to keep or give away, then pack what you don’t need to wear for the next few weeks. Same goes for any books, toys & knick knacks in your house.
- Master closet – sort and pack clothes, wipe shelves
- Kids/other bedroom closets – sort and pack clothes, wipes shelves
- Office – pack and clean, keep only essential items out
- Books, toys & knick knacks – sort, donate, and pack as many as you can, wipe shelves
- Laundry room – pack and clean, keep only essential items out
- Pack wall hangings, fill holes
This week, you’ll be getting into the nitty gritty of the house cleaning and packing areas of the kitchen, laundry, office, and other areas of the house.
- Clean inside the oven & behind the fridge
- Pull out and clean behind washer & dryer
- Clean under couches/chairs with vacuum and carpet cleaner
- Pack bathroom cabinets and clean them inside and out
- Pack and clean kitchen cabinets & pantry, leave out essential items
The final push! You’ll be getting into full packing mode, plus cleaning out the final items in preparation for emptying your home.
- Pack electronics
- Clean out fridge and freezer as much as possible
- Pack all dressers into suitcases
- Final kitchen cleaning
- Final bathroom cleaning
- Final vacuuming and mopping
Congratulations! You made it! Hopefully your moving experience will go as smoothly as you planned. But if it doesn’t, don’t wait too long to reach out for help. Here are a few awesome Chandler companies that can help lighten your load.
Express Moving List:
- Gather boxes from neighbors, Home Depot, or other sources. Storage West in Chandler has a great selection of moving supplies such as wardrobe boxes, mattress covers, TV boxes, bubble wrap, and more.
- Hire a moving company to pack for you (if you choose this option, you can skip #1 on this list) and move your stuff! Easy peasy. Give In or Out Movers in Chandler a call.
- Carpeting cleaning can easily be outsourced if you are running out of time. We recommend Bradley Carpet Cleaning, since he uses a rotovac that gets out dirt and stains a simple wand could never do.
- Moving is stressful enough. By the time your stuff is gone, you may not have the time or energy to clean the house before you leave. And you don’t have to! Our professional cleaners with Castle Keepers House Cleaning can help. If you’ve never hired professional cleaners before, get ready to be amazed—we’ll knock your socks off. Give us a call for a free quote or get a quote online!
About Castle Keepers House Cleaning
Castle Keepers House Cleaning has been at the forefront of innovation and leadership among house cleaning professionals for years. Our company pioneered environmentally friendly and sustainable cleaning methods in residential cleaning. Castle Keepers House Cleaning is independently owned, not a franchise, with branches in Atlanta, GA, Charleston, SC, Greenville, SC, Portland, OR, Dayton, OH, and Phoenix, AZ. To find out more about us, click here.