Green cleaning is cleaning to protect health without harming the environment.
To state the green cleaning policy of Castle Keepers, Inc. and provide for the expectation of compliance by every department and employee to ensure the implementation of the policy.
The green cleaning policy is the stated philosophy of Castle Keepers. It relates to all business operations and encompasses all departments of the company.
Castle Keepers is committed to protection of the environment, the health and safety of its employees and customers, and to providing leadership in green cleaning for the residential cleaning industry. Castle Keepers will:
- Avoid the use of noncertified cleaning chemicals and seek to use products that meet Green Seal, Environmental Choice, or other certification standards.
- Recycle and train employees to recycle.
- Use microfiber cloths and mops to capture more dirt and dust, improve indoor air quality, productivity, performance and ergonomics, and eliminate the waste of disposable products.
- Use janitorial paper products made from virgin tree fiber with products made from recycled products, tree-free fibers, or rapidly renewable resources.
- Use vacuum cleaners with ergonomically designed units that better retain microscopic dust particles and other potential irritants.
- Comply with all relevant current legislation and industry standards.
- Conserve energy, water and other resources while still providing a clean and sanitary environment.
- Educate, train and motivate staff to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Continuously improve Castle Keepers’ green cleaning program by researching, evaluating and implementing new green cleaning products and technologies.
- Review the Green Cleaning Policy every 24 months and monitor and improve performance.
- Provide employees, customers, and the public with our Green Cleaning Policy and relevant and factual information about the quality of our services.
Castle Keepers will ensure that all employees have appropriate awareness and knowledge and will understand, promote, and assist in the implementation of and compliance with this policy, and report any green cleaning concerns.